Saturday, July 31, 2010

Random thoughts

Had fun with Hyrum at Cub Country the past two days. I think we ought to buy a BB gun.

"Sounds like life to me" by Darryl Worley is a great song. The chorus struck me on the way to the hospital. Trying not to be "caught up in a tragedy" but accept what life is and plug along with faith and happiness.

Then, I watched the news a couple minutes ago and saw some soldiers deploying for Iraq. What a sacrifice. God bless them.

I am almost getting sucked into politics again. Must. . .stop. . .reading. Too depressing, scarry, and sobering. I must hold to my assertion that the best thing I can do for my country right now is focus on being a good father and husband. It's not that I want to stick my head in the sand. I do, however, realize that whining and arguing won't do a bit to change our situation. I'm not going to run for office, not going to blog political, and I'm not going to try to convince opposing-minded individuals that they are wrong. I can vote, and I can be a good Dad and Husband. That's what I can and need to do in this season of my life.

It's a good thing college football is coming up. That will distract me from politics. Uh oh. . .is that what "Caesar" wants? The masses are entertained!

enough for now. . .gotta go

0 comments:

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro